Bank of Japan: Its Functions and Organization
This full-color brochure aims to provide the general public with a concise and easy-to-follow overview of the Bank of Japan's functions and operations, as well as its history and organizational structure. In various chapters, columns on selected topics supply in-depth explanations.
Available in PDF format.
- Japan's sole issuer of banknotes
- Issuance, circulation, and maintenance of banknotes
- For the stability of people's daily lives and sustainable growth of the economy
- Price stability and monetary policy
- How monetary policy is decided
- To ensure that payment and settlement as well as lending/borrowing of funds take place smoothly in the economy
- Payment, settlement, and financial system stability
- The Bank's operations for the Japanese government and international operations on behalf of the government
- The Bank's services related to the Japanese government
- History and organization of the Bank / Information
Please contact the Public Relations Department to request permission before reproducing or copying the content of this brochure for commercial purposes.
Please credit the source when reproducing or copying the content of this brochure.