March 13, 2011
Bank of Japan
- The situation as of 5:00 p.m., March 13, 2011 is as follows.
- In response to the fact that many financial institutions located in the disaster-hit area conducted their business in order to respond to withdrawal of deposits smoothly, the Bank of Japan, Head Office and some of its branches, responded to cash withdrawal by the financial institutions to support such initiatives on March 12 and 13, 2011.
- The Bank, Head Office and all of its branches, will conduct its ordinary business operations on Monday, March 14, 2011.
- The Bank will continue to grasp the situation of the financial markets and business operations of financial institutions, and to stand ready to respond and act as necessary.
- The Bank will do its utmost to continue ensuring stability in the financial markets and securing smooth settlement of funds, including providing liquidity.