Outline of Statistics and Statistical Release Schedule
The Bank compiles and publishes a variety of statistics, as well as reviews the compilation procedures for its statistics with the aim of accurately assessing developments in the economy and financial markets, and changes in the economic and financial structure.
Outline of Statistics
The Bank compiles various kinds of monetary and financial statistics. These include monetary statistics, such as money stock and flow of funds statistics; the Tankan (Short-Term Economic Survey of Enterprises in Japan), which indicates corporate sentiment; the corporate goods price index (CGPI), which is a key indicator for grasping overall price developments in Japan; and the Balance of Payments (BOP) statistics, which illustrate the country's cross-border economic transactions. Compilation of the BOP statistics is entrusted by the Minister of Finance.
The statistics the Bank compiles are used in formulating and executing its policies and business operations. Also, researchers and firms that analyze economic developments make wide use of these statistics, as many of them are made available to the public through the Bank's web site and other means.
The Bank also continually reviews the compilation procedures for its statistics with the aim of accurately assessing developments in the economy and financial markets, and changes in the economic and financial structure. In addition, it has been reviewing and revising the compilation method of statistics from the viewpoint of responding to comments/requests from users, ensuring appropriate management of confidential information, and reducing the burden on reporting firms.
Schedule for Releases of Statistical Data and Publications
- Schedule for Releases of Statistical Data and Publications (From January to December 2013) [ZIP 38KB] (last update: May 10,2013)
- Statistics are released immediately upon completion, but the release may be postponed should system problems or any other unexpected disruption occur. Changes to the schedule will be announced on the Bank's web site.
- Statistics marked with * are made available on the "BOJ Time-Series Data Search" on the date of release.
- The schedule for the period from July 2013 to June 2014 will be released on Friday, June 28, 2013.
- Effective from May 2013, the release of "Amount Outstanding of Loans and Discounts" will be discontinued. (May 10, 2013)
- The release date of "Monetary Survey" has been changed. (April 5, 2013)
- The release date of "Senior Loan Officer Opinion Survey on Bank Lending Practices at Large Japanese Banks" for April 2013 is Friday, April 19. (April 5, 2013)
- The release dates of "Average Interest Rates on Time Deposits by Term (New Deposits)" and "Time Deposits: Amounts Outstanding and New Deposits by Maturity" have been changed. (December 25, 2012)
- The release date of "Senior Loan Officer Opinion Survey on Bank Lending Practices at Large Japanese Banks" for January 2013 is Wednesday, January 23. (December 25, 2012)
- The issue of Balance of Payments Quarterly on April 2013 will be the last publication. (December 25, 2012)
- The release of the "Tokyo Repo Rate" was taken over by the Japan Securities Dealers Association from October 29, 2012. (December 25, 2012)