2011 Tohoku - Pacific Ocean Earthquake (Second Earthquake Report)
March 11, 2011
Bank of Japan
- The situation as of 4:00 p.m. is as follows.
- Given an evacuation order, all the staff of the Bank's Kushiro Branch has evacuated from the building.
- There has been no substantial damage to the Head Office or other branches of the Bank.The BOJ-NET is functioning normally.
- The Bank will continue to assess the impact of the earthquake on financial markets as well as on financial institutions' business, and stand ready to take action as necessary.
- The Bank will do its utmost, including the provision of liquidity, to ensure the stability in financial markets and to secure the smooth settlement of funds.