Bank of Japan Accounts (January 10, 2008)
January 15, 2008
Bank of Japan
|Receivables under resale agreements
|Japanese government securities *1
|Pecuniary trusts (stocks held as trust property) 2
|Loans (excluding those to the Deposit Insurance Corporation) *2
|Foreign currency assets 3
|Deposits with agents 4
Liabilities and Capital Accounts(thousand yen)
|Other deposits 5
|Deposits of the government
|Payables under repurchase agreements
|Legal and special reserves
- *1Breakdown of Japanese government securities
Japanese government bonds : 48,153,176,373
Financing bills and treasury bills : 22,707,292,932
- *2Loans by Funds-Supplying Operations against Pooled Collateral : 25,416,700,000
- Coins reserved for circulation.
- Stocks purchased from financial institutions through a trust bank, and other trust properties.
- Includes foreign currency deposits held at foreign central banks and the Bank for International Settlements, securities issued by foreign governments, foreign currency mutual funds, and foreign currency pecuniary trusts.
- Deposits held at agents that conduct operations relating to treasury funds and Japanese government securities on behalf of the Bank of Japan. These deposits are reserved for such operations.
- Deposits held by foreign central banks and others.
- Includes miscellaneous liabilities and current
income (net accumulated profits). For reports from April to around mid-May,
net income for the previous fiscal year before appropriation is also included.