Bank of Japan Accounts (March 31, 2013)
April 5, 2013
Bank of Japan
|Japanese government securities||125,355,626,798|
|Commercial paper 4||1,245,715,573|
|Corporate bonds 5||2,887,292,458|
|Pecuniary trusts (stocks held as trust property) 6||1,409,805,570|
|Pecuniary trusts (index-linked exchange-traded funds held as trust property) 7||1,544,000,809|
|Pecuniary trusts (Japan real estate investment trusts held as trust property) 8||117,481,388|
|Loans (excluding those to the Deposit Insurance Corporation)||25,487,067,000|
|Foreign currency assets 9||4,987,209,797|
|Deposits with agents 10||22,803,167|
|Other deposits 11||191,123,604|
|Deposits of the government||1,494,128,994|
|Payables under repurchase agreements||14,505,493,650|
|Legal and special reserves||2,712,636,985|
- The Bank's total assets outstanding at the end of March 2013 is 164.3 trillion yen, with an approximate increase of 24.9 trillion yen from the corresponding balance of 139.5 trillion yen at the end of March 2012 (the rate of increase is 17.8%).
- Main reasons for year-on-year changes in major items:
|Assets||Year-on-Year Differences (Rate of Changes)|
|Japanese government securities||+38.1trillion yen (+43.7%)
The increase reflects the Bank's outright purchases of JGBs and Treasury discount bills.
|Loans (excluding those to the Deposit Insurance Corporation)||-13.5trillion yen (-34.6%)
The decrease reflects the decrease in the funds provision through the funds-supplying operation against pooled collateral.
|Liabilities||Year-on-Year Differences (Rate of Changes)|
|Current deposits||+23.7trillion yen (+68.8%)
The increase mainly reflects the Bank's outright purchases of financial assets including JGSs and corporate bonds.
- 3Coins reserved for circulation.
- 4Comprises the following types, in dematerialized or physical form: (1) commercial paper issued by domestic corporations; (2) commercial paper issued by foreign corporations with guarantees (dematerialized only); (3) asset-backed commercial paper; and (4) commercial paper issued by real estate investment corporations.
- 5Includes bonds issued by real estate investment corporations.
- 6Stocks purchased from financial institutions through a trust bank.
- 7Beneficiary interests in index-linked exchange-traded funds purchased through a trust bank.
- 8Investment equity issued by real estate investment corporations purchased through a trust bank.
- 9Foreign currency deposits held at foreign central banks and the Bank for International Settlements, securities issued by foreign governments, foreign currency mutual funds, and foreign currency loans (loans by U.S. dollar funds-supplying operations against pooled collateral and loans pursuant to the special rules for the U.S. dollar lending arrangement to enhance the fund-provisioning measure to support strengthening the foundations for economic growth conducted through the loan support program).
- 10Deposits held at agents that conduct operations relating to treasury funds and Japanese government securities on behalf of the Bank of Japan. These deposits are reserved for such operations.
- 11Deposits held by foreign central banks and others.
- 12Includes miscellaneous liabilities and current income (net accumulated profits). For reports from April to around mid-May, net income for the previous fiscal year before appropriation is also included.
(Annex Table 1)
|Japanese government bonds||63,215,487,681|
|Treasury discount bills||17,557,511,391|
- Excludes the amounts of Japanese government bonds and Treasury discount bills shown in Annex Table 2. "Japanese government securities" shown as Assets is the sum of "Japanese government bonds" shown in Annex Table 1 and Annex Table 2 and "Treasury discount bills" shown in Annex Table 1 and Annex Table 2."
(Annex Table 2)
|Japanese government bonds *1||28,133,754,017|
|Treasury discount bills *1||16,448,873,707|
|Index-linked exchange-traded funds||1,544,000,809|
|Japan real estate investment trusts||117,481,388|
|Funds-Supplying Operations against Pooled Collateral *2||21,698,300,000|
- *1The figure is included in "Japanese government securities" as Assets. "Japanese government securities" shown as Assets is the sum of "Japanese government bonds" shown in Annex Table 1 and Annex Table 2 and "Treasury discount bills" shown in Annex Table 1 and Annex Table 2.
- *2The figure is included in "Loans" as Assets.
(Annex Table 3)
|Fund-Provisioning Measure to Support Strengthening the Foundations for Economic Growth *||3,653,408,090|
- Comprises the loans pursuant to the following: (1) main rules, (2) special rules for equity investments and asset-based lending, (3) special rules for small-lot investments and loans, and (4) special rules for the U.S. dollar lending arrangement. The figures for the loans pursuant to the first three of those are included in "Loans" as Assets. The figure for loans pursuant to the special rules for the U.S. dollar lending arrangement is included in "Foreign currency assets" as Assets.
(Annex Table 4)
|Loans by Funds-Supplying Operations against Pooled Collateral (excluding Funds-Supplying Operations against Pooled Collateral shown in Annex Table 2) and Funds-Supplying Operation to Support Financial Institutions in Disaster Areas||430,800,000|