Principal Terms and Conditions for the Loan Support Program
December 20, 2012
Revision:March 11, 2014
March 17, 2015
January 29, 2016
July 29, 2016
January 31, 2017
January 23, 2018
January 23, 2019
June 20, 2019
January 21, 2021
January 18, 2022
January 18, 2023
The terms and conditions prescribe the principles for the Bank of Japan's Loan Support Program (a program established on the Bank's balance sheet to provide loans made against pooled collateral with the aim of supporting private financial institutions' efforts in strengthening the foundations for economic growth and stimulating bank lending, hereinafter the same), introduced as a temporary measure to make the effect of monetary easing permeate the entire economy, with a view to achieving price stability and thereby contributing to the sound development of the national economy.
2. Method for Operating the Loan Support Program
- (1) The Bank shall provide loans under the Fund-Provisioning Measure to Support Strengthening the Foundations for Economic Growth (hereinafter referred to as the "Growth-Supporting Funding Facility") and the Fund-Provisioning Measure to Stimulate Bank Lending (hereinafter referred to as the "Stimulating Bank Lending Facility") through the Loan Support Program.
- (2) Fund-provisioning under the Growth-Supporting Funding Facility covers investments or loans that contribute to strengthening the foundations for economic growth. As for foreign currency-denominated investments and loans, the Bank shall establish special rules. The Bank shall conduct loans pursuant to the special rules in the U.S. dollar.
3. Maximum Outstanding Amount of Loans
(1) The maximum outstanding amount of loans under the Growth-Supporting Funding Facility shall be as follows.
- (a) Loans not pursuant to the special rules stipulated in 2.(2)
- (b) Loans pursuant to the special rules stipulated in 2.(2)
- 24 billion U.S. dollars
(2) The maximum outstanding amount of loans under the Stimulating Bank Lending Facility is unlimited.
4. Specifications Necessary for Loans
For each loan, the specifications necessary for providing loans under the Growth-Supporting Funding Facility and the Stimulating Bank Lending Facility, such as the location of operations and eligible counterparties, shall be determined pursuant to the relevant rules of the Bank, in addition to 2. and 3.
These terms and conditions shall become effective today and shall be valid through June 30, 2028.