Announcement of the Monetary Policy Meeting Decisions (July 28)
July 28, 1998
Bank of Japan
(For immediate release)
The Bank today held a Monetary Policy Meeting, a regular meeting of the Policy Board on monetary policy.
By majority vote, the Policy Board decided to leave monetary policy unchanged.
- Starting time:
- 9:00 a.m.
- Members present :
- Masaru Hayami ( Chairman, Governor )
- Sakuya Fujiwara ( Deputy Governor )
- Yutaka Yamaguchi ( Deputy Governor )
- Yasuo Gotoh
- Susumu Taketomi
- Toshio Miki
- Nobuyuki Nakahara
- Eiko Shinotsuka
- Kazuo Ueda
- (Others present:)
- From Economic Planning Agency :
- Eiji Kawade, Co-ordination Bureau Director General ( from 9:00 a.m. )
- Release of minutes :
- 2:00 p.m. on Monday, September 14, 1998