Bank of Japan Accounts (December 31, 2015)
January 5, 2016
Bank of Japan
|Japanese government securities
|Pecuniary trusts (stocks held as trust property)4
|Pecuniary trusts (index-linked exchange-traded funds held as trust property)5
|Pecuniary trusts (Japan real estate investment trusts held as trust property)6
|Loans (excluding those to the Deposit Insurance Corporation)
|Foreign currency assets7
|Deposits with agents8
Liabilities and Net Assets(thousand yen)
|Deposits of the government
|Legal and special reserves
- Coins reserved for circulation.
- Comprises the following types, in dematerialized or physical form: (1) commercial paper issued by domestic corporations; (2) commercial paper issued by foreign corporations with guarantees (dematerialized only); (3) asset-backed commercial paper; and (4) commercial paper issued by real estate investment corporations.
- Includes bonds issued by real estate investment corporations.
- Stocks purchased from financial institutions through a trust bank.
- Beneficiary interests in index-linked exchange-traded funds purchased through a trust bank.
- Investment equity issued by real estate investment corporations purchased through a trust bank.
- Foreign currency deposits held at foreign central banks and the Bank for International Settlements, securities issued by foreign governments, foreign currency mutual funds, and foreign currency loans (loans by U.S. dollar funds-supplying operations against pooled collateral and loans pursuant to the special rules for the U.S. dollar lending arrangement to enhance the fund-provisioning measure to support strengthening the foundations for economic growth conducted through the loan support program).
- Deposits held at agents that conduct operations relating to treasury funds and Japanese government securities on behalf of the Bank of Japan. These deposits are reserved for such operations.
- Deposits held by foreign central banks and others.
- Includes miscellaneous liabilities and current income (net accumulated profits). For reports from April to around mid-May, net income for the previous fiscal year before appropriation is also included.
(Annex Table 1)
Breakdown of Japanese government securities(thousand yen)
|Japanese government bonds
|Treasury discount bills
(Annex Table 2)
Loan Support Program
The table below represents the loan amounts outstanding under the Bank's Loan Support Program.(thousand yen)
|Fund-Provisioning Measure to Support Strengthening the Foundations for Economic Growth*
|Fund-Provisioning Measure to Stimulate Bank Lending
- Comprises the loans pursuant to the following: (1) main rules, (2) special rules for equity investments and asset-based lending, (3) special rules for small-lot investments and loans, and (4) special rules for the U.S. dollar lending arrangement. The figures for the loans pursuant to the first three of those are included in "Loans" as Assets. The figure for loans pursuant to the special rules for the U.S. dollar lending arrangement is included in "Foreign currency assets" as Assets.
(Annex Table 3)
Annex Table 3(thousand yen)
|Loans by Funds-Supplying Operations against Pooled Collateral (including funds provided under the fixed-rate method) and Funds-Supplying Operation to Support Financial Institutions in Disaster Areas