Planned Changes to the Data Dissemination Method and Release Schedule of "Amounts Outstanding of Deposits by Depositor"
November 8, 2018
Bank of Japan
Research and Statistics Department
The Bank of Japan currently releases the entire data series set of "Amounts Outstanding of Deposits by Depositor" in the matrix form at its website. Some of the major data series are also available in the BOJ Time-Series Data Search.
With a view to improving usability, the Bank plans to release the entire time-series data set in the BOJ Time-Series Data Search, instead of publishing it in the matrix form. The Bank also plans to unify the release schedule of data for "Domestically Licensed Banks" and for "Shinkin Banks."
The outline of the planned changes is as follows.
1. Data dissemination method
The entire data series set -- currently released as "Amounts Outstanding of Deposits by Depositor (by Detailed Type of Depositor)" and "Amounts Outstanding of Deposits by Depositor (by Amount)" in the matrix form -- will be available in the BOJ Time-Series Data Search, starting from around February 2019.1
After this change, the latest data will be released in the BOJ Time-Series Data Search.2
- The data series to be available in the BOJ Time-Series Data Search start from September 2000 for "Amounts Outstanding of Deposits by Depositor (by Amount)" and June 2000 for "Amounts Outstanding of Deposits by Depositor (by Detailed Type of Depositor)," as is the case for data series currently released in the matrix form.
- This revision will take effect in May 2019 when data for end-March 2019 are released.
2. Treatment of data release in the matrix form
With a view to providing an overview of the entire data series set, revised figures for the latest end-March data will continue to be released in the matrix form at the Bank's website.3
- 3In principle, end-March data in the matrix form will be released every November, when revised figures for the end-March data become available.
3. Unification of release schedule
Data for "Domestically Licensed Banks" and "Shinkin Banks" will be released on the same dates, starting from May 2019. The details are as follows.
|Timing of release at present||Timing of release from May 2019 onward|
|Domestically Licensed Banks: the 11th business day after the 24th of the next month
Shinkin Banks: the 13th business day after the 25th of the next month
|Domestically Licensed Banks and Shinkin Banks: the 12th business day 4 after the 24th 5 of the next month|
- 4There may be some delay in releasing end-March data, as the accounting period of many financial institutions ends in March. For specific dates of release, see "Schedule for Releases of Statistical Data and Publications" released semi-annually on the Bank's website.
- 5If the day falls on a holiday or weekend, the timing will be shifted to the next business day.
Financial Statistics Group, Economic Statistics Division, Research and Statistics Department
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org