Prime Lending Rates (Principal Banks)
- Short-term Prime Lending Rates of Banks are the highest and lowest interest rates, and the most frequent rate, which is the rate adopted by the largest number of the city banks. Since January 23, 1989, these banks have independently set the rate taking into consideration funding costs and other factors.
- Long-term Prime Lending Rate is the interest rate adopted and released by Mizuho Bank. *
- The data in this section are revised whenever an original rate is changed. However, please note that the rate is not always changed every month, and hence neither is a revision necessarily made.
- The current rate can be checked via the Bank's website (Japanese site only).
Notices of Changes and Corrections
Notices of Changes
- Sept. 21, 2007
- Statistical Treatment of the Japan Post Bank, etc.