List of Publications
April 12, 2023
Bank of Japan
Public Relations Department
(Monetary and Economic Studies)
|Research papers on monetary and economic theories, as well as institutional and historical issues, written by the staff of the Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies or by visiting scholars from both Japan and overseas. Also includes minutes of conferences, symposiums, and workshops.||1,650 yen2|
|Monetary and Economic Studies
||Research papers written by the staff of the Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies or by visiting scholars, from both Japan and overseas, on monetary and economic issues, and selected works from the proceedings of conferences sponsored by the Institute. Papers included may not correspond to those that appear in the above Kin'yu Kenkyu.||Free of charge|
||The Bank of Japan's public relations magazine containing articles on the Bank's business operations and history, information gathered through the Bank's office network, and explanations concerning finance and the economy.||Free of charge|
|Functions and Operations of the Bank of Japan
||The official translation of the revised Japanese edition published in March 2011. This is the second English edition.||English: available on the Bank's website.
Japanese: 2,640 yen
|CURRENCY MUSEUM Guide to the Exhibits
||A catalog of the displays on permanent exhibition at the Currency Museum.||2,420 yen|
|Bank of Japan: Its Functions and Organization||Distributed to participants in the Bank of Japan's in-house tours and to visitors to the Bank's offices in Japan. Provides a concise and easy-to-follow overview of the Bank's functions and operations, as well as its history and organizational structure.||Free of charge|
|The Bank of Japan Main Building: An Important Cultural Property||Distributed to participants of the Bank's in-house tours at the Head Office. Introduces the Bank's Main Building, which was designated an important cultural property in 1974.||Free of charge|
|Leaflets on currencies||Available at the Information Room of the Bank's Head Office. A set of leaflets featuring pictures of Japan's valid banknotes and coins.||Free of charge|
|Currency Museum||Distributed to visitors to the Bank's Currency Museum and the Information Room at the Bank's Head Office. Briefly covers the exhibitions and general information of the Currency Museum.||Free of charge|
- Prices include tax, but exclude delivery and handling fees.
- The price of "Kin'yu Kenkyu," previously 1,089 yen, was revised with effect from volume 42 number 2 released in April 2023.
- To obtain copies of publications that are free of charge, please contact the Bank's Public Relations Department at the e-mail address below (copies are subject to availability) : prdmail(at)boj.or.jp. *Please change (at) to @.
- To purchase any publications on the list, please contact the following companies (the Japanese version of some of the publications may be purchased at bookstores in Japan as well). Please note that the Bank is not directly involved in the sales of these publications.
From outside Japan
- Japan Publications Trading Co., Ltd. (Link to an external website)
Book Export II Department,
P.O. Box 5030 Tokyo International,
Tokyo 100-3191, Japan
From inside Japan
- To obtain a copy of Functions and Operations of the Bank of Japan (Japanese version), please contact the following:
- Yuhikaku Publishing Co., Ltd. (website: Japanese only) (Link to an external website)
- For other publications, please contact the following:
Tokiwa Sohgoh Service Co., Ltd.
Sales and Marketing Department, Publication Section
Kyodo Building, 8th Floor, 4-1-5, Nihonbashi-Muromachi,
Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0022, Japan
Tel : 03-3270-5713
Fax : 03-3270-5710